Saturday, January 3

winter house show

i ventured out of my house today to attend Alexa's winter house show. it felt amazing to drive the Comet, listen to some Jenny and Band of Horses and wear a coat and boots; all of my favorite things at once. her backyard was set up very cutely, i had some of the best guacamole ever made and got to watch Dan and Stanley (wearing a wizard hat) jam, and they were really good! it was so nice to actually have some fresh air within my lungs and to be around some pretty genuine people. the air was intensely crisp, like the breaths of crunchy leaves swirling all over (seriously, that's what i envisioned while i tucked my hands into my coat). the combination of fruit trees, palm trees and trees with fall leaves was intriguing, as were the variety of people attending at the time that i left. had i not been sick i would have stayed the whole time. man...i miss going to live shows. i miss the troubadour and the bowl, even Mai's. and i miss being healthy. and i miss having money. i miss writing my column, i miss editing my A&C section. but i'm adapting to life at home with parents pretty nicely. me and my dad have been watching the sopranos again. i guess you could say it's a different kind of bonding experience. i lovvvve mafia shiz. i remember that show, The Black Donnellys. i don't know what happened to it, but it was really good, and the oldest brother was really hot. but i never did get to see the finale. 


here's another weird dream i had: i was on a grassy hill next to a crowded auditorium. i saw a friend riding a horse while wearing a Daft Punk helmet. it fell off and he started to ride away but i was trying to have someone take a pic of him. so i put down the helmet next to my friend's cd and then a wave rolled over everything. but we were on a grassy hill...where did the wave come from? i wish i could look up Daft Punk helmets in my dream dictionary.

this pic is from way back when on the first day i got to drive the Comet to school, before the 3 accidents and subsequent repairs. gooood day. 

No comments: