Friday, December 26

it was christmas day

christmas day was a day of wackness. i'll leave out the less enjoyable details involving tears (not mine) and comment on the sillz.


  • my mom's "my bitches" photo album
  • my dad saying that the sweater my mom got him was very "star trek"
  • my dad having my mom's gifts gift-wrapped in hanukkah paper (accidentally). but they were the gifts from the cat and dogs, so it was okay...
  • getting in a fight over whether or not we were seeing "marley and me" or "benjamin button." or should i say "benjamin mutton," as my dad refers to it. 
  • downloading justice's "a cross the universe" for two hours only to watch it and realize it was the version without subtitles
  • all of the penguin gifts. seriously. i pretty much only got penguin gifts
  • not watching "a christmas story" for the first time ever. we usually watch it every christmas alllll day on tbs, but not this year, and i don't know why, and i'm sad about it
  • watching "dogs 101" on animal planet until 9:30, when i went to bed. if you've somehow angered your mom (like i did very early on in the day), shows with puppies are a sure cure. 
while my christmas may have sucked, i still enjoyed it somewhat because i know the gifts i got people were much appreciated. finally that's the best part. i remember being 10 and hating that i had to go shopping for my parents. but this year i got them better things than they got me. and it felt kind of cool. kind of.

1 comment: